The Project Manager plans, directs and manages all activities of assigned projects to ensure that company objectives for customer satisfaction, safety, quality, production, revenue and profit are met within a prescribed time frame. Responsible for developing and maintaining the project schedule and budget for assigned projects from project acquisition through the final payment of closed projects
The Project Manager reports to the Operations Manager - Middle East.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
- Prepares construction estimates and ensures site surveys for estimating are complete and accurate.
- Reviews, prepares and acquires fully executed contracts from customers and sub-contractors.
- Collaborates with General Manager, Field Engineer(s), and Superintendent(s) to define team roles and communicate key milestones, decisions and risks.
- Administers internal project meetings with the Superintendents, Field Engineer(s) and appropriate sub-contractors to make necessary changes and finalize the work schedule.
- Attends the customer’s pre-construction meeting and ensures that necessary personnel and sub-contractors attend.
- Secures project submittals and critical project documents (necessary permits, sub-contractor insurance requirements) required by the specifications or client.
- Effectively plans and controls assigned projects by monitoring progress, managing procurement and recording production and job costs into the project management system.
- Develops and maintains project schedule, and budget to ensure project meets initial estimate. Prepares weekly and monthly Project Progress Reports as required.
- Mitigates and controls risk identifying changes in the scope of work to determine any opportunity or need to submit a Change Order Request to the customer. Facilitates and executes all change orders with the customer.
- Plans and holds project status meetings with the customer, sub-contractors, Field Engineer(s) and Superintendent(s) as necessary.
- Manages all sub-contractor activity including monitoring and verifying sub-contractor production and recording progress in the project management system.
- Ensures that the project management system is updated daily with actual job costs and cost commitments to accurately reflect the financial performance of the project.
- Completes a Project Close-Out Report to identify final changes in work scope, additional revenue opportunities, punch list items and any hindrances that may delay close out and final payment.
- Accountable for project profit and loss, timely billings and collections from customers to ensure profitability and adherence to project accounting guidelines.
- Serves as key point of contact with client. Maintains customer/contact database for all contacts associated with project, existing customers, sub-contractors, etc. Identifies new business opportunities with existing clients.
- Monitors project execution throughout the project from timely project preparation to final project closure to ensure focus on productivity, quality, profitability and superior customer service.
- Performs field investigations to assess project quality, crew performance and adherence to safety requirements