For the successful performance of this position, an individual must be able to achieve and/or perform the essential duties of the position. Listed below are representative requirements for job knowledge, skill, and/or ability. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions:
- Education and/or Experience: High School diploma or equivalent. Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in custom coating operations. Possess the ability to operate all custom coating machinery through experience or training. Possess the ability to properly and safely load and unload equipment from trucks. Possess the ability to properly manage and lead crew safely and productively.
- Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret business periodicals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations; draft reports, and understand manuals; effectively communicate to management.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to perform arithmetic calculations
- Reasoning Skills: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where limited standardization exists and interpret various instructions in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Training: Annual familiarization with procedures and work instruction, as needed. Periodic forklift training. Perform Annual procedural training with direct employees.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Leadership Skills: Position requires individual to have strong interpersonal skills with ability to motivate and empower, to be a strong communicator able to take initiative and function independently. Must be capable of making people management decisions and comfortable in a management position.
- Computer-Based: Ability to work with complex spreadsheets, databases, and presentation software. Ability to learn new applications quickly. Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Word, Power Point) optional.
Physical Demands / Work Environment: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Physical Demands: In the performance of duties for this position, the employee is: regularly required to sit, talk, and hear; frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, occasionally required to stand, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, and taste or smell; regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds (occasionally up to 65 pounds). Vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, peripheral, and color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Ability for extended concentration.
- Work Environment: In performing the duties for this job, the employee will generally work in an shop environment but will occasionally be required to work in outside weather conditions (occasionally near job sites or other facilities with moving vehicles and mechanical operations). Will be occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level is usually moderate.
We offer a competitive salary with career growth opportunities and a full benefits package including medical, dental, and vision Insurance, prescription drug coverage, annual bonus potential, 401k matching, tuition assistance, overtime pay, paid time off, and much more.
Aegion is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Aegion is firmly bound. Aegion will not engage in discrimination against, or harassment of, any person employed or seeking employment with Aegion based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, non-disqualifying disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA compliant – priority referral Protected Veterans requested